View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Ragnarok and the Vanir 

I have been unsuccessful in finding reputable sources for the impacts of Ragnarok on the vanir. Some sources I have read suggest that Njörd will return to vanaheim, and take this to imply that he and vanaheim might not be destroyed in Ragnarok.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
It is relevant to the books I am writing. If I choose to go with a story culminating in the apocalyptic Ragnarok, then I need to figure out what part Njörd and the vanir play in this and how it will affect their world.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:38 am

Fand,
Here is a link to the Poetic Edda translation by the man in the YouTube link that I sent. https://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Edda-Stor ... 1624663567

I have a Kindle book by C. Neko called LORE OF THE VANIR. It was very inexpensive and is a short read, but still very informative.

Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:54 am

Thanks, will have a look. I have couple Edda translations, but they are older versions, open source. Very long and tedious to read.

Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:21 pm

None of the 9 worlds will be (completely) destroyed during/after Ragnarok, only (most) living beings will die to have a restart with the few survivors.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:53 pm

thunaraz wrote:
None of the 9 worlds will be (completely) destroyed during/after Ragnarok, only (most) living beings will die to have a restart with the few survivors.

This is what I have seen in my dreams. A lot of children survive. Stormr

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:17 pm

In my dreams/visions, I have on occasion been brought before a council. The only word I know which would seem fitting for who/what these beings are would be elves, though perhaps they are vanir and Aesir? There is one who seems to be a dark elf. He always lurks in the shadows, but it is clear he wields a lot of influence. Perhaps they are all representatives of their own realms.
Anyway, getting off point. Once when I came before them, all gathered around in a semicircle in their very formal way, there was one other person, whom I knew to be another human experiencing the same vision as myself. We had both been brought before the council to share our observations of earth, from our limited, but intimate, perspectives.
We were told that the world be destroyed, but I do not know how it will occur. I asked them to intervene. They replied that they do not interfere, saying that if/when half the population was destroyed, they would they would reconsider their stance of nonintervention.
I remember being so frustrated with them, because they had the means to do something and wouldn't. But now, years later, I look around at the complacent fools who make up this world, who will do nothing to make this world a better place, and I get it. Why should anyone help us if we won't help ourselves.

I really detest that galactic federation of light nonsense and the mind numbing and paralyzing effect if has on all the gullible fools who buy into the lies.
(The beings I mentioned from my visions have no relation to that "other" false federation, just to clarify)

Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:00 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKymu8kLPRs

Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]