View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Our Future 

A question for anyone on this forum. You do not need to have a special understanding of the Lore, ancient languages, or ethereal power. What are you going to do to address the criticisms of the new generation:

Nobody’s Listening to Us
We’re Sick of Hearing About Values & Mission Statements
Helping the Poor Isn’t a Priority
We’re Tired of You Blaming the Culture
The “You Can’t Sit With Us” Affect
Distrust & Misallocation of Resources
We Want to Be Mentored, Not Preached At
We Want to Feel Valued
We Want You to Talk to Us About Controversial Issues
The Public Perception
Stop Talking About Us
You’re Failing to Adapt

Yes, I stole this list... better to steal than to beg. These are the big questions of the new generation; can we address them? Are our priorities completely out of sync with the future? I have my opinions, but I would like to see your thoughts as well.

Best,
r

Tue May 23, 2017 4:16 am

[

Quote:
Nobody’s Listening to Us

First of all, if you want someone to listen to you, it helps to gain their respect. And one doesn't gain respect by screaming and crying, but by their actions and strength of character. I would advise teaching the youth not to be whiney, entitled little brats, but instead to realize that if they want something they have to work for it and earn it.

Quote:

Instead of just hearing and talking about it, why not put those values and missions into action and practice? I think people would be more impressed by values when they see them at work in the real world on a daily basis.

Quote:

Maybe not a priority, but rather an act of kindness that should be considered commendable. However, there is a difference between helping a person in need to help themselves, or showing a little hospitality or generosity when it is in your means to do so, and the obsessive charity work done in the way that many Christians do. We are not like Christians, and a beggar is a wretched creature, to be pitied, sure but there isn't much good anyone can do for someone who will do nothing to help themselves.
But really, you'd have to be a pretty heartless person if you saw a homeless person digging in the trash for some scraps to eat and you refuse to give him some food when you have enough enough to spare. This happened to me on one occasion, just after I'd picked up some lunch. An old black man was digging in the trash cans. I couldn't stand to see anyone have to sink so low just to stay alive, so I gave him my lunch. I certainly wasn't starving and could afford to miss one meal, while this poor man clearly hadn't had a decent one in quite some time.

Quote:

Whose culture are we talking about here? The culture we are trying to create based on the one that was stolen from our ancestors? Or the Christian culture which oppressed us for so long? How about the cultural Marxism that is fast taking over the minds of the masses by targeting the young first and foremost? Or the invading culture that is Islam? One would have to be a complacent fool not to point out the very real problems in this world, especially when those problems effect us directly.

Quote:

I've never heard of this and don't really know how this is meant. Then again, as a solitary Ásatrúar, I don't have many dealings with others on this path and don't flaunt it much to outsiders with whom I mingle.

Quote:

Again, please clarify who we are talking about here? The government? Members of our own communities? To answer in a generic kind of way, if you don't trust someone or an organization, based upon their misdeeds, then do your best to avoid supporting them.

Quote:

I'd be willing to bet many of us have had to experience this at some point along the way, but the reality is, you cannot change individuals. There are some who will mentor and some who have an overinflated ego and a love of preaching from the pulpit where it makes them feel big and important. Be the change you wish to see. There isn't much else you can do in this matter. Finding a decent mentor was always an issue for me, and so when I came across someone seeking help, and felt I might have something to offer, even just as someone to bounce ideas off of, I have done what I could to help, and often with much success.

Quote:
We Want to Feel Valued

Then be valuable. Have something to offer. There is a story of the Tuatha dé Danaan when someone, I think it was Lugh, came seeking to join them, and the gate keeper asked what his skills were. He listed many things, blacksmithing, etc, but every time the gate keeper told him they already had someone to fill that role. I forget what it was he said that the gatekeeper deemed valuable. I think it was that he was a master of all trades, but it doesn't matter. The point was, in order to gain entrance to the tribe, he had to prove himself worthy. These days, people want to walk in and have everyone coddle them and praise them for their mediocrity. If that's what you want, you may as well join the church.

Quote:

I have to agree with this one. People have become so afraid of being labeled intolerant, racist, etc, etc, that they keep quiet about the things that they most need to discuss. This isn't just an issue amongst Odinists, but also amongst conservatives of all kinds, including Christians who have very conservative political and social views, which are often times quite parallel with our own, minus the religious dogma and such. People are afraid, and for good reason. The witch hunt has only just begun, and I dread to think what atrocities will be committed if it goes unchecked.

Quote:
The Public Perception

So long as we let the Marxists infiltrate our numbers and corrupt our ways and all we have worked to achieve, they will continue to steer the image that the public associates with us. This goes back to the previous point. We have to start speaking up and standing up for ourselves and our communities. Granted, there must always be our brothers who move with stealth, for the sake of preservation in case of defeat, but we need our front lines to stand strong and summon their warrior spirits.

Quote:
Stop Talking About Us

I am again at a loss. Who's talking about them, except when they beg to be talked about?

Quote:
You’re Failing to Adapt

I disagree. To what should we adapt? A world gone mad? That's not adapting, that's conformity. That is the way of the sheep, of cattle, of slaves.

Quote:
Yes, I stole this list... better to steal than to beg. These are the big questions of the new generation; can we address them? Are our priorities completely out of sync with the future? I have my opinions, but I would like to see your thoughts as well.

Sometimes, I think the future can go phuck itself. But I'm in a cynical mood at the moment, and disgusted with what's going on in the western world. I refuse to conform and be a slave. I have to survive, and that requires blending in to a point. But I remain watchful, and will continue looking for ways in which I can be useful in resisting the bigger problems that we face. I will continue to teach my child my values and shield her from the brainwashing machine that is the system of school, media, government, peer pressure, etc.
I'd be most interested to here your views.

Mon May 29, 2017 8:58 am

Excellent points. They were internally consistent and well reasoned.
Thanks for the reply,
r

Mon May 29, 2017 10:19 pm

Thank you, redson.

Wed May 31, 2017 8:54 am

RedSon wrote:
A question for anyone on this forum. You do not need to have a special understanding of the Lore, ancient languages, or ethereal power. What are you going to do to address the criticisms of the new generation:

Nobody’s Listening to Us
We Want to Feel Valued
The Public Perception
Stop Talking About Us
You’re Failing to Adapt

Best,
r

If this person has a need to "feel valued" or mentored, there are plenty of political movements or safe spaces they can find - Asatru/Odinism isn't that. This is a path for wolves, not sheep who need to be coddled and have their egos stoked.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:24 am
Site Admin

The Odin Brotherhood is not trying to save a generation, a nation, a race, or a civilization. Of course, indirectly we are saving the nine worlds, because our lore teaches that as long as the Brotherhood exists, Ragnarök cannot begin.

We are heroic individuals--acting alone--to save ourselves, our families, and our lore.

Of course, as most of you who post here know, Western Civilization is committing suicide. We, of course, will survive.

As I write, the gods and goddesses are here. They walk among us in disguise. Act bravely, be wise, and you will encounter one.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:34 am

OdinBrotherhood wrote:
The Odin Brotherhood is not trying to save a generation, a nation, a race, or a civilization. Of course, indirectly we are saving the nine worlds, because our lore teaches that as long as the Brotherhood exists, Ragnarök cannot begin.

We are heroic individuals--acting alone--to save ourselves, our families, and our lore.

Of course, as most of you who post here know, Western Civilization is committing suicide. We, of course, will survive.

As I write, the gods and goddesses are here. They walk among us in disguise. Act bravely, be wise, and you will encounter one.

How does the existence of a rather small and uninfluential brotherhood delay Ragnarok? I do not mean to offend; I'm just wanting to understand the reasoning behind such a claim.
Regarding the masses, I realize they are a lost cause. Those who are worth the effort will reveal themselves to someone somewhere in their own time, whatever their spiritual path, race, nationality, etc. And should any of us find ourselves in the position to give some guidance to such individuals, it seems to me only right that we do.

Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:27 am

Fand wrote:
How does the existence of a rather small and uninfluential brotherhood delay Ragnarok?
Ah, but how do you know that the Brotherhood is uninfluential or rather small? As I do not know that they are not, how is that they are? Perhaps they are more influential than any of us know or may ever be aware, perhaps they have eyes and ears everywhere, or perhaps they do not? It is not up to us to prove they are or are not, just as it is not up to them to prove this to us. This is where we each must rely on our own judgement, a choice each of us has to make - to trust or believe in them or not. In exactly the same way as the Gods and Goddesses walking amongst us here on Midgard - this is for us to each experience, or not. We cannot prove this to anyone else, nor should we feel obligated to do so. Stormr

Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:06 am

Norse Storm wrote:
Fand wrote:
How does the existence of a rather small and uninfluential brotherhood delay Ragnarok?
Ah, but how do you know that the Brotherhood is uninfluential or rather small? As I do not know that they are not, how is that they are? Perhaps they are more influential than any of us know or may ever be aware, perhaps they have eyes and ears everywhere, or perhaps they do not? It is not up to us to prove they are or are not, just as it is not up to them to prove this to us. This is where we each must rely on our own judgement, a choice each of us has to make - to trust or believe in them or not. In exactly the same way as the Gods and Goddesses walking amongst us here on Midgard - this is for us to each experience, or not. We cannot prove this to anyone else, nor should we feel obligated to do so. Stormr

Then allow me to rephrase my question: how does the existence of the brotherhood delay Ragnarok? Whether or not they are large and influential, we've got to admit, as things currently stand, the establishment appears to be vastly more powerful. But let's take this a step further: Ragnarok is supposed to be brought on by sutr, right? Whatever force brings about Ragnarok, it seems like it would be a force far greater than anything the establishment can even fathom wielding.
What does the brotherhood's lore say about how or why their existence will have such an impact?

Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:00 am

Fand wrote:
[

Quote:
Nobody’s Listening to Us

First of all, if you want someone to listen to you, it helps to gain their respect. And one doesn't gain respect by screaming and crying, but by their actions and strength of character. I would advise teaching the youth not to be whiney, entitled little brats, but instead to realize that if they want something they have to work for it and earn it.

Quote:

Instead of just hearing and talking about it, why not put those values and missions into action and practice? I think people would be more impressed by values when they see them at work in the real world on a daily basis.

Quote:

Maybe not a priority, but rather an act of kindness that should be considered commendable. However, there is a difference between helping a person in need to help themselves, or showing a little hospitality or generosity when it is in your means to do so, and the obsessive charity work done in the way that many Christians do. We are not like Christians, and a beggar is a wretched creature, to be pitied, sure but there isn't much good anyone can do for someone who will do nothing to help themselves.
But really, you'd have to be a pretty heartless person if you saw a homeless person digging in the trash for some scraps to eat and you refuse to give him some food when you have enough enough to spare. This happened to me on one occasion, just after I'd picked up some lunch. An old black man was digging in the trash cans. I couldn't stand to see anyone have to sink so low just to stay alive, so I gave him my lunch. I certainly wasn't starving and could afford to miss one meal, while this poor man clearly hadn't had a decent one in quite some time.

Quote:

Whose culture are we talking about here? The culture we are trying to create based on the one that was stolen from our ancestors? Or the Christian culture which oppressed us for so long? How about the cultural Marxism that is fast taking over the minds of the masses by targeting the young first and foremost? Or the invading culture that is Islam? One would have to be a complacent fool not to point out the very real problems in this world, especially when those problems effect us directly.

Quote:

I've never heard of this and don't really know how this is meant. Then again, as a solitary Ásatrúar, I don't have many dealings with others on this path and don't flaunt it much to outsiders with whom I mingle.

Quote:

Again, please clarify who we are talking about here? The government? Members of our own communities? To answer in a generic kind of way, if you don't trust someone or an organization, based upon their misdeeds, then do your best to avoid supporting them.

Quote:

I'd be willing to bet many of us have had to experience this at some point along the way, but the reality is, you cannot change individuals. There are some who will mentor and some who have an overinflated ego and a love of preaching from the pulpit where it makes them feel big and important. Be the change you wish to see. There isn't much else you can do in this matter. Finding a decent mentor was always an issue for me, and so when I came across someone seeking help, and felt I might have something to offer, even just as someone to bounce ideas off of, I have done what I could to help, and often with much success.

Quote:
We Want to Feel Valued

Then be valuable. Have something to offer. There is a story of the Tuatha dé Danaan when someone, I think it was Lugh, came seeking to join them, and the gate keeper asked what his skills were. He listed many things, blacksmithing, etc, but every time the gate keeper told him they already had someone to fill that role. I forget what it was he said that the gatekeeper deemed valuable. I think it was that he was a master of all trades, but it doesn't matter. The point was, in order to gain entrance to the tribe, he had to prove himself worthy. These days, people want to walk in and have everyone coddle them and praise them for their mediocrity. If that's what you want, you may as well join the church.

Quote:

I have to agree with this one. People have become so afraid of being labeled intolerant, racist, etc, etc, that they keep quiet about the things that they most need to discuss. This isn't just an issue amongst Odinists, but also amongst conservatives of all kinds, including Christians who have very conservative political and social views, which are often times quite parallel with our own, minus the religious dogma and such. People are afraid, and for good reason. The witch hunt has only just begun, and I dread to think what atrocities will be committed if it goes unchecked.

Quote:
The Public Perception

So long as we let the Marxists infiltrate our numbers and corrupt our ways and all we have worked to achieve, they will continue to steer the image that the public associates with us. This goes back to the previous point. We have to start speaking up and standing up for ourselves and our communities. Granted, there must always be our brothers who move with stealth, for the sake of preservation in case of defeat, but we need our front lines to stand strong and summon their warrior spirits.

Quote:
Stop Talking About Us

I am again at a loss. Who's talking about them, except when they beg to be talked about?

Quote:
You’re Failing to Adapt

I disagree. To what should we adapt? A world gone mad? That's not adapting, that's conformity. That is the way of the sheep, of cattle, of slaves.

Quote:

Sometimes, I think the future can go phuck itself. But I'm in a cynical mood at the moment, and disgusted with what's going on in the western world. I refuse to conform and be a slave. I have to survive, and that requires blending in to a point. But I remain watchful, and will continue looking for ways in which I can be useful in resisting the bigger problems that we face. I will continue to teach my child my values and shield her from the brainwashing machine that is the system of school, media, government, peer pressure, etc.
I'd be most interested to here your views.

All well said. Hail to the writer.

As for the point about mentoring, I would remind the youth of something. When you learn karate, you don't expect the master to mentor you while you "develop my own style." You spend a lot of hours doing some very basic stuff again and again and again. Then when you have the basics, you spend more time putting it all together. Until you "know the moves," you can't be mentored.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:28 pm

[quote="OdinBrotherhood"]The Odin Brotherhood is not trying to save a generation, a nation, a race, or a civilization. Of course, indirectly we are saving the nine worlds, because our lore teaches that as long as the Brotherhood exists, Ragnarök cannot begin.

[b]As I write, the gods and goddesses are here. They walk among us in disguise. Act bravely, be wise, and you will encounter one.[

Now THAT makes my day. Thank you.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:30 pm

Fand wrote:
Then allow me to rephrase my question: how does the existence of the brotherhood delay Ragnarok? Whether or not they are large and influential, we've got to admit, as things currently stand, the establishment appears to be vastly more powerful. But let's take this a step further: Ragnarok is supposed to be brought on by sutr, right? Whatever force brings about Ragnarok, it seems like it would be a force far greater than anything the establishment can even fathom wielding.
What does the brotherhood's lore say about how or why their existence will have such an impact?

Not all information is public and not all public information is correct. When a neophyte initiates into the Brotherhood, perhaps only then is the information so many crave, made available. Once information is learned it cannot be unlearned, sometimes the truth is harder to handle than anticipated. Not all are able to cope with such information or truths. The Rites are not easy so as to weed out those who are not strong enough to handle the information.

As for the establishment wielding an unfathomable force, they have no idea. I believe the forces of nature, the forces of the Gods are already upon us and the establishment cannot answer. Stormr

Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:14 am

I thought perhaps there might be something that has been made public, whether accurate or not. I never take anything at face value, preferring to question and form my own conclusions. To do otherwise would be to fall into the trap of indoctrination.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]