View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:37 pm



Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Wotan's Late Harvest, Welcome 
Author Message
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:01 pm
Posts: 3420
Location: Vinland
The forum greets Wotan's Late Harvest


Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:39 pm
Posts: 673
Well met, Stormr


Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:21 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:07 am
Posts: 104
Norse Storm wrote:
Well met, Stormr


Greetings all. My name says it all: I am come to Odinism at the age of 58, but it feels like the right place. It's good to see there are at least a few of us left in the world that are not ahamed of strength and the old virtues.

As for me, I'm a bit isolated. I have been working in China for the past 16 years. Last autumn, I went back to Europe for the first time in a couple of decades. That visit started me trying to reconnect with my heritage. The more I dug and looked at my life, the more I found Pierre Krebs was right: we are people of the Eddas and the Iliad, not the Bible.


Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:08 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:42 pm
Posts: 565
Wotan's Late Harvest wrote:
Norse Storm wrote:
Well met, Stormr


Greetings all. My name says it all: I am come to Odinism at the age of 58, but it feels like the right place. It's good to see there are at least a few of us left in the world that are not ahamed of strength and the old virtues.

As for me, I'm a bit isolated. I have been working in China for the past 16 years. Last autumn, I went back to Europe for the first time in a couple of decades. That visit started me trying to reconnect with my heritage. The more I dug and looked at my life, the more I found Pierre Krebs was right: we are people of the Eddas and the Iliad, not the Bible.



Even at 58 everything in your life led you here. I am sure that is for a reason and that you much much I share. I look forward to it.


Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:25 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:07 am
Posts: 104
BjornBerserk wrote:
Wotan's Late Harvest wrote:
Norse Storm wrote:
Well met, Stormr


Greetings all. My name says it all: I am come to Odinism at the age of 58, but it feels like the right place. It's good to see there are at least a few of us left in the world that are not ahamed of strength and the old virtues.

As for me, I'm a bit isolated. I have been working in China for the past 16 years. Last autumn, I went back to Europe for the first time in a couple of decades. That visit started me trying to reconnect with my heritage. The more I dug and looked at my life, the more I found Pierre Krebs was right: we are people of the Eddas and the Iliad, not the Bible.



Even at 58 everything in your life led you here. I am sure that is for a reason and that you much much I share. I look forward to it.


"Long is the way, and longer a man's desires."


Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:38 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:57 am
Posts: 25
I am sure the hunting in western Montana is much better than in China (depending on what you are hunting for). I have never been to Montana, but I have lived in Alaska before, and the hunting and fishing is excellent there. There is also a strong pagan presence in Alaska. I like the idea of moving to Montana where it is a lot whiter (both ethnically and snow-wise) than where I currently live. Come back home to your own folk. Things are getting tense between the east and west. We need our folk.
I'm not sure how cold it gets where you are in China and like I say, I have never been to Montana. The boys from Montana did a lot better in Alaska than this southern fella. I was up in northern Alaska and it got down to 55 degrees below 0. That was rough, but it was also amazing. I am sure you have had some interesting times in China. I have only been to 3 countries, but out of everywhere I have been and out of the natural wonders I have seen, Alaska is the most amazing. Everything there is a natural wonder. Up around the Arctic Circle I stopped at the town hall/ general store/ bar and grill/ gas station (all in one), and met a man who called himself a "sourdough": sour on Alaska, but never made enough dough to leave! It's not for everyone. I liked the cold, just not the darkness. That is why as much as I love Alaska and am planning on moving way up north, I wont go that far.
Anyways, I just wanted to say hi and welcome. I have read a few of your posts. Welcome home.


Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:19 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:07 am
Posts: 104
BigCountry wrote:
I am sure the hunting in western Montana is much better than in China (depending on what you are hunting for). I have never been to Montana, but I have lived in Alaska before, and the hunting and fishing is excellent there. There is also a strong pagan presence in Alaska. I like the idea of moving to Montana where it is a lot whiter (both ethnically and snow-wise) than where I currently live. Come back home to your own folk. Things are getting tense between the east and west. We need our folk.
I'm not sure how cold it gets where you are in China and like I say, I have never been to Montana. The boys from Montana did a lot better in Alaska than this southern fella. I was up in northern Alaska and it got down to 55 degrees below 0. That was rough, but it was also amazing. I am sure you have had some interesting times in China. I have only been to 3 countries, but out of everywhere I have been and out of the natural wonders I have seen, Alaska is the most amazing. Everything there is a natural wonder. Up around the Arctic Circle I stopped at the town hall/ general store/ bar and grill/ gas station (all in one), and met a man who called himself a "sourdough": sour on Alaska, but never made enough dough to leave! It's not for everyone. I liked the cold, just not the darkness. That is why as much as I love Alaska and am planning on moving way up north, I wont go that far.
Anyways, I just wanted to say hi and welcome. I have read a few of your posts. Welcome home.


Yes, I know it's getting close to time to be back. Heimdallr might not yet have blown his horn, but he's been seen puckering his lips a lot lately.

My favorie spot in all Alaska is the windward side of St. George Island in the Pribilofs, north of the Aleutian Is., about a third of the way to Russia. Especially in winter when the surf rolls in unceasingly.


Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:19 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:35 am
Posts: 561
Wotan's Late Harvest said:
Quote:
Pierre Krebs was right: we are people of the Eddas and the Iliad, not the Bible.


I really like that quote! Oh, and welcome to the forum. I seldom bother with greetings here, and so few of the new members ever participate in any of the threads, that it hardly seems worth the effort. Nice to see someone new being active on here. I've been here about a year or so.

@Big Country, I lived for four years just on the Idaho side of the mountain pass that bordered Montana. Used to snowboard up there on the state line! Haha! You were wondering about how cold it gets. Count on a lot of snow, and temps can get as low as -17°F, from what I've experienced, anyway. I'm a Southerner myself, from Florida, but despite my preference for warm weather I managed in the cold just fine. The trick is to find winter activities you enjoy. Snowboarding, hiking up to hot springs, for example. Winter is the best time for the hot springs in the mountains, in my opinion. It's one of the things I really miss now that I'm back in the fatherland. There are no mountains where I'm living now, unfortunately. No sea either. And here, you can forget about hunting and fishing. It's way over regulated. It's all fine and good to manage the wildlife population and prevent overhunting, but the problem is you have to go through lengthy hunting or fishing course, pay for a license and you have to be in a hunting and/or fishing club and pay those dues on top of all the other fees. Then the only guns you can shoot here are like children's toys where I come from.


Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:12 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:07 am
Posts: 104
Fand wrote:
Wotan's Late Harvest said:
Quote:
Pierre Krebs was right: we are people of the Eddas and the Iliad, not the Bible.


I really like that quote! Oh, and welcome to the forum. I seldom bother with greetings here, and so few of the new members ever participate in any of the threads, that it hardly seems worth the effort. Nice to see someone new being active on here. I've been here about a year or so.

@Big Country, I lived for four years just on the Idaho side of the mountain pass that bordered Montana. Used to snowboard up there on the state line! Haha! You were wondering about how cold it gets. Count on a lot of snow, and temps can get as low as -17°F, from what I've experienced, anyway. I'm a Southerner myself, from Florida, but despite my preference for warm weather I managed in the cold just fine. The trick is to find winter activities you enjoy. Snowboarding, hiking up to hot springs, for example. Winter is the best time for the hot springs in the mountains, in my opinion. It's one of the things I really miss now that I'm back in the fatherland. There are no mountains where I'm living now, unfortunately. No sea either. And here, you can forget about hunting and fishing. It's way over regulated. It's all fine and good to manage the wildlife population and prevent overhunting, but the problem is you have to go through lengthy hunting or fishing course, pay for a license and you have to be in a hunting and/or fishing club and pay those dues on top of all the other fees. Then the only guns you can shoot here are like children's toys where I come from.


I've lived a couple of times in Missoula. (Before it was annexed by California.) I used to camp at Heart Lake on the Idaho border almost. The Idaho side is the Kelley Creek Ranger District. The nearest town, I think, is Orofino. Wonderful place (then.)

As for cold, Roger's Pass in west central Montana once had -72F. When I was a kid, I recall hunting in -50 weather over by Great Falls. I was carrying a Remington Nylon 76 (the lever action version of the classic Nylon 66). The weather was cold enough that the firing pin's spring would not "spring" hard enough to fire. Still, urination was entertaining. A yellow iceicle reaching back towards the pee-er.


Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:17 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:35 am
Posts: 561
Ah, Missoula! I only know it as the leftist college town it has become.
I had no idea it could get so much colder there than when I lived there! Wow! Those are extreme temps! Well, -17 or so is the coldest climate I've ever experienced. ;) Were there regular forest fires every summer back when then? It's horrible now. For around a month or two, if not longer, the air quality is awful from all the smoke. Multiple fires throughout the region.


Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:55 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:07 am
Posts: 104
Fand wrote:
Ah, Missoula! I only know it as the leftist college town it has become.
I had no idea it could get so much colder there than when I lived there! Wow! Those are extreme temps! Well, -17 or so is the coldest climate I've ever experienced. ;) Were there regular forest fires every summer back when then? It's horrible now. For around a month or two, if not longer, the air quality is awful from all the smoke. Multiple fires throughout the region.


Actually, Missoula has been left for at least a century. In 1915 or so, the Socialist mayor shot and wounded an IWW organizer who called him a "stooge."


Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:03 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:18 am
Posts: 315
Welcome to the forum, Wotan's Late Harvest!
r


Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:25 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:07 am
Posts: 104
RedSon wrote:
Welcome to the forum, Wotan's Late Harvest!
r


Thanks. It's been informative thus far. Encouraging, as well.


Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:10 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.