View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Friend of the Gods 

If you are a friend of the gods, would you tell me what makes you their friend?

Right now, I am thinking about how someone I met years ago was telling people that we were friends. I had met the person, but I never considered them a friend or enemy, just someone I had met, an acquaintance.

I know many people who I might call, "A buddy of mine", so as to make the other person feel good. I really only have 9 friends. Two of those friends are also blood relatives. Those 9 friends of mine are friends because of actions taken on both sides of the relationship. In an age of social media where someone can have more than 1000 "friends" who they can reach out to with the click of a button, I want to know what makes YOU a friend of the gods?

I am signing off now to contemplate this.

P.S. If this idea is foreign to you, The Odin Brotherhood is a a secret aristocracy filled with friends and blood brothers (sisters) to the Elder Kin.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:38 pm

BigCountry wrote:
If you are a friend of the gods, would you tell me what makes you their friend?

Right now, I am thinking about how someone I met years ago was telling people that we were friends. I had met the person, but I never considered them a friend or enemy, just someone I had met, an acquaintance.

I know many people who I might call, "A buddy of mine", so as to make the other person feel good. I really only have 9 friends. Two of those friends are also blood relatives. Those 9 friends of mine are friends because of actions taken on both sides of the relationship. In an age of social media where someone can have more than 1000 "friends" who they can reach out to with the click of a button, I want to know what makes YOU a friend of the gods?

I am signing off now to contemplate this.

P.S. If this idea is foreign to you, The Odin Brotherhood is a a secret aristocracy filled with friends and blood brothers (sisters) to the Elder Kin.

I would say all your points are valid. To be a friend of anyone you have to first meet them, that is why the goal of the Odin Brotherhood initiate is to be worthy to meet the Gods in the flesh...

I used the comparison to wanting to meet a great person and that great people ussually only want friends of a similar caliber. It is the same for the Gods.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]