View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:43 pm



Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Initiation? 
Author Message

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:07 am
Posts: 104
The website drops a few hints about initiation. Does anyone care to add detail?


Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:21 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:39 pm
Posts: 673
Read Mirabello's book. It has everything you need to know. Stormr


Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:07 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:07 am
Posts: 104
Norse Storm wrote:
Read Mirabello's book. It has everything you need to know. Stormr

Thanks, it's on my "to buy" list


Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:23 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:42 pm
Posts: 32
My advice would be not to take initiation lightly and only initiate when the gods call you. And once those marks of joy are carved...there's no going back.
I've noticed some Odinists, who know that the gods are alive and not story's, tend to think the gods are too busy with their godly business to notice what we do in our short lives. They're wrong. They'll notice if you initiate and then abandon the brotherhood, for the gods are watching us a lot more than you'd think, it's easy for them to peer into this world. Now..The gods aren't omnipotent, but they are only off omnipotence by a few degrees...


Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:24 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:39 pm
Posts: 673
Wotan's Late Harvest wrote:
Norse Storm wrote:
Read Mirabello's book. It has everything you need to know. Stormr

Thanks, it's on my "to buy" list

http://www.odinbrotherhood.com/uploads/ ... ition2.pdf

and you would be wise to refer to the information here also http://www.odinbrotherhood.com/library- ... files.html

Stormr


Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:15 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:07 am
Posts: 104
Lugal wrote:
My advice would be not to take initiation lightly and only initiate when the gods call you. And once those marks of joy are carved...there's no going back.
I've noticed some Odinists, who know that the gods are alive and not story's, tend to think the gods are too busy with their godly business to notice what we do in our short lives. They're wrong. They'll notice if you initiate and then abandon the brotherhood, for the gods are watching us a lot more than you'd think, it's easy for them to peer into this world. Now..The gods aren't omnipotent, but they are only off omnipotence by a few degrees...


I'm not rushing into initiation. But I do want to learn the details---including being called. Thus far, that's lacking.


Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:36 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:42 pm
Posts: 32
Well, there's nothing else to it than what's in the book.


Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:39 pm
Posts: 673
Lugal wrote:
Well, there's nothing else to it than what's in the book.

Other than intuition and what the gods call you to do .... Stormr


Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:49 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:07 am
Posts: 104
Lugal wrote:
Well, there's nothing else to it than what's in the book.


Thanks. I am starting to read it today.


Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:13 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:07 am
Posts: 104
Norse Storm wrote:
Wotan's Late Harvest wrote:
Norse Storm wrote:
Read Mirabello's book. It has everything you need to know. Stormr

Thanks, it's on my "to buy" list

http://www.odinbrotherhood.com/uploads/ ... ition2.pdf

and you would be wise to refer to the information here also http://www.odinbrotherhood.com/library- ... files.html

Stormr


Thanks for the links. Where I live, i can generally access the forum; the website itself is intermittently unavailable.


Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:14 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:07 am
Posts: 104
I am no great fan of technology, but I am grateful today. Have Mirabello's book on my smartphone now.


Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:39 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:07 am
Posts: 104
Read Mirabello on the commute to work. It has the answers to the questions I had. Thanks for the valuable assistance.


Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:15 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:42 pm
Posts: 32
Norse Storm wrote:
Lugal wrote:
Well, there's nothing else to it than what's in the book.

Other than intuition and what the gods call you to do .... Stormr



That's it! ;)


Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:49 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:33 am
Posts: 10
Very interested who (if any) on this forum were called to the initiation prior to the writing of Mirabello's book in 1992?

Would love to hear from those that were "called" before it was put into print.


Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:53 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.