View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
The Elder futhark in relation to lunar cycle. 

Recently I was discussing Runes woth an Odinist friend of mine who in a recent trip to Germany met with a mutual friends father who is famous/infamous for his obession with the runes and numerology within them and he imparted some of the findings/beliefs of this enigmatic man..

1. The Elder futhark equates to the number of full moons and new moons lf a lunar year calender.
2. These are arranged in a full circle/cylical manner and thus each month is assigned a rune, also giving them a numerical value.
3. Vs Latin script the Runic script is meant to be arranged from right to left according to this man. Meaning the first Rune is his arrangement is Dagaz (This being full moon of January in his Runic calender). His reasoning is most ancient script is written from right to left. After some personal reflection I also considered the possibility of moving "right to left" in the same way the sun would if you were facing North (right = east / left = west) for a another possible reason if you don't like that explanation like I did...

Now on to the part that intrigued me....arranged in this cyclical manner he claims it tells the story of the entire cosmos. If i could post a picture I would draw it for you folks but after seeing it for myself it rang hard with truth that alot of other Runic writings and theories didnt.

I won't write the whole story, as I am still attempting to fully comprehend it on my own after it was but I will say in this calender the Thurs rune fall on the night of courage. That Berkano which he claims is the closed comb woman/earth in the new moon of March vs Perthro rune being the open womb in the new moon of mid may....

Check out the comparisons on your own and let me know what you think. There was alot too this and I can't possibly summarize it all, it would require a book.

Anyways...I think this is a clue and a step further along the path.

Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:41 am

Interesting swarm of possibilities here.

Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:51 am

Ya, this is fascinating! I can't believe I never stumbled across this post before! I will try to apply this to the lunar months and see how it all works out.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]